 Administrative / General / 6915
  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) I'd go so far as to say the majority of users are "unaware" of this sort of thing. And it will remain that way, probably forever. Have you seen lots of print ads floating around that contain trailing slashes? And sorry if I seemed overly (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) I've seen more without than with, but some of both. But more often than either, I've seen root-level URLs, often without the slash and even without the www prefix. :) (...) Ahhh, it's spring/summer cold season. :) Drink lots of hot chicken (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) If I recall the spec properly, there *is* a defined special case where (URL) exactly equal to (URL) fact, the first / isn't part of the path part of the URL. (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)