 Administrative / General / 6820
Re: Qustion about search function for Todd Lehmann.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:

It would be nice if lugnet search option could include an option to require
ALL keywords to be found to make a match, or at the very least, prioritize
searches in a percentage rating, with 100% having everything someone
searched for, and going downwards from that.

It does support the boolean operators '+' and '-', eg. if you wanted to see
posts from all the Richard's that aren't me: "+richard -franks" does that.

I'm not quite sure how the search prioritises, it's been discussed in this
group before, but I couldn't find it with a 5 min search :)

Richard