 Administrative / General / 6776
  Dot's ALT tag

Just an idea - what if the dots in the bottom of a thread would have ALT tags that would have some info on the message they're pointing to... i.e.: "Dan Boger - Dot's ALT tag" That way, if I've already read through all the thread, and want to go (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dot's ALT tag

(...) I think that would be incredibly useful. Often, a thread changes topic, and many people change the subject line along with the topic. If the dots had an alt="author - subject of message", it would make it much easier to find the beginning of (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dot's ALT tag

(...) Me too. I wonder how complex it would be to implement, though. It might slow down presenting the tree significantly, or it may have almost no impact, depending on how the tree is constructed. ++Lar (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dot's ALT tag

(...) The tree currently only records a copy of the basic minimal information needed to draw itself -- namely the parent and child message id's. Since it doesn't cache copies of any data found inside articles themselves (such as the poster's name or (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dot's ALT tag

(...) In that case, it would be a great addition... -Shiri (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)