 Administrative / General / 67
Re: Help needed with MS Outlook & Firewall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:28:32 GMT

I have a great idea--see network administrator.

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36112879.3178689@lugnet.com>...

Steve Barile (of PNLTC) sent this via e-mail and in another message said it
was OK to post here.  I wonder why some people can connect from behind
firewalls and some can't...

--Todd

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:27:32 -0700
From: "Barile, Steve E" <steve.e.barile@intel.com>
To: 'LUGNET' <lugnet@lugnet.com>
Subject: Error logging on...

I am using MS Outlook from behind the Intel Firewall
I tried to get to the LUGNET news server and got this error:
A dialog box pops up and says "Downloading Newsgroups from lugnet.com"
Then I get a "The connection to the server has failed" dialog box.

The details:

Server Response:
Configuration:
  Account: lugnet.com