 Administrative / General / 6579
Re: Question for Todd Lehmann about his search engine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 23:45:27 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Is it possible to search for theme type with a wildcard search?  For
instance, if I wanted to find Space Police I as well as Space Police II, is
that possible to do?

In terms of sets?  Yes and no, sorta.  If you use the QuickSet interface,

   http://www.lugnet.com/quickset/

which is partly a prototype for something better but still leaves much to
be desired, then you could enter simply

   space police

into the search box and it would show you links to to both the original Space
Police series and the second Space Police series (as well a set containing the
name "space police").

For that matter, is it possible to do a wildcard search?  :o)

Not currently, no.

--Todd