 Administrative / General / 6534
Re: Web Storage Space Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 06:00:33 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> writes:
Hello.

I'd like to announce that my web server has some web space available
and that I'd like to offer it to a few lugnet users.
Absolutely no SPAMing Allowed etc.

And what would you call your message?  Ironic, isn't it?  If you were
offering free space for LEGO-related web sites, I would let this slide,
but you're charging, and haven't mentioned LEGO at all...
--Bram

I haven't seen your name in the areas I read (Trains and robotics) I don't
venture into the other areas.

If you did then you'd notice that my wife and I STARTED the first Canadian
Lego CLUB (See my sig at the bottom. That DOES mention lego. My sites also
give free information on how to build custom sensors. I've received over
300 'Thank you's' from that.

Please be sure of something before you spout off.

Regarding my not giving away the space... I need to cover the bandwidth
used by the sites. I figured $5.00 canadian a month was fair. I've seen
many Lugnet users with sites on geocities and xoom etc. that have banners
everywhere (Not their faults) and are very slow. I have a fast server with
some room.

By the way. The VLC group this reply has been sent to is used by our Lego
Group.

Dean (Lugnet Member)
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html