 Administrative / General / 6480
Re: A request (Storeing a "Sig" for use with the Web interface)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 06:41:35 GMT

Perhaps the Delphi Forums (http://www.delphi.com/) system would work quite
well.  This where the user has a profile and can save various options in his
or her profile such as a signature that can be written in HTML.  Whenever
one posts a message the HTML code for the signature appears in the signature
box and then when the user clicks 'Post' a preview screen comes up asking
for confirmation, but with the message in the preview screen looking like
the one other users will see: i.e. the HTML coded signature displays the
signature rather than the coding.  Actually I've explained this really badly
but there are a large number of Delphi posters out there somewhere and I'm
sure some of them are Lugnet users and will be able to explain it better.

Nicholas Allan

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Seeing that it seems to have quieted down in here a bit I thought that it • might
be a good time to make a request of our "Leader".

Todd,  I realise this probably would not be a priority but it is something • I
would love to see in the future.  I would assume this would be a members • only
option but hey I'm a member so thats OK with me.

I am a heavy user of the web interface and only use a news reader to • delete
accidental posts.  Being a web user I am forced to either type my "Sig" • each
time I post or cut and paste it from another location which while more • accurate
is still teadious.  If there were a way to store a "Sig" either in a • cookie or
other mechanism that would automajically insert my "Sig" at the end of my • post
it would make my posting life easier and more productive.

Thanks for at least thinking about it.

This is what I would like to store and not enter every time I post...

vvvvvvvv

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/