 Administrative / General / 6329
  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) Welp, space isn't really _that_ much of an issue compared to the symbol itself. All things being equal, a thinner character is better than a big fat character like "+". Let's see what people think about "!" after seeing it for a little (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) For what it's worth, slrn uses ! to mark highly-scored (via my own score file) articles. So I'm certainly used to it. (I thought it kind of odd of slrn too, but no one asked me for feedback there....) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) I like + over *, but unless the !'s font is darker, it's worthless to me. I have fairly good eyes, but I can barely even see that the article is rated. Again, I introduce you to Mr. Dead Horse...Why not use 1-5 instead of !-!!!!!, *-*****, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) Ah, but that's the beauty of it! The font will be darker when the rating (or recommendation) is higher; if the rating is low, you shouldn't even notice it. A high-rated post will attract attention to itself; which is like a recommendation-- (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)