 Administrative / General / 6203
    A Question on Logging in and posting —Matthew Wilkins
   Hi, Todd; I've logged into LUGNET from a machine that I usually don't use, and therefore are not logged in from my usual IP (it's static on my work machine). I have logged in using my member information, but everytime I reply to a message, or start (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: A Question on Logging in and posting —Todd Lehman
     (...) It's a known issue, yes... The membership sign-in isn't linked yet to news- posting -- mainly because there's no database yet associating member ID's with email addresses. Thanks for your comments. --Todd (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: A Question on Logging in and posting —Matthew Wilkins
     Thanks, Todd. I thought that this might be the case. I know you're a supergenius, but I'm also aware that nothing happens on it's own. *smile* -Cheese (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: A Question on Logging in and posting —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) As I understand it, there is currently no integration between the userid and the various cookies (news setup, mail subscription setup) and therefore, knowledge of who you are is not taken advantage of to any meaningful extent. As LUGNET grows (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: A Question on Logging in and posting —Todd Lehman
   (...) That's correct -- the e-mail addresses entered on member pages aren't yet verified in a way that lets them be automatedly linked with posting. The single-group News-by-Mail subscription change that went up a few days ago, (URL) a break-out and (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: A Question on Logging in and posting —Richard Franks
   (...) Definately! Totally! Yes! Completely! :) I keep on losing my posting cookie at home, and at uni it is a pain having to re-enter information continually! (...) 'Members' and 'Unpaid Members'? Richard (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)