 Administrative / General / 6017
Re: location of NQC group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:27:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In article <FspKvD.B0u@lugnet.com>, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

Probably needs to be a two-step procedure:  (1) Create a new group/list
lugnet.robotics.nqc, then (2) a couple days later, shut down
lugnet.robotics.
rcx.nqc, but keep it around on the website of course for archive
purposes.

Dave, do you still feel this is the way to go?

Yes, I think that would be a good move.

Another possibility would
be
to add .robotics.nqc and keep both groups/lists, or possibly even to add
.robotics.nqc, .robotics.scout.nqc, and .robotics.cybermaster.nqc (making
total of 4 NQC groups) which is fine with me if you think it wouldn't be
too
much for people to keep up with.

I'd prefer not to proliferate too many newsgropus.  Personally I don't
think the nqc traffic is presently so high that people need to filter it
based on target.  Odds are that this would even cause a bigger
problem...general stuff posted to a specific target newsgroup, then many
people would miss out on relevant information.

Or we could shut down .robotics.rcx.nqc
by
simply disallowing posting to it, and keep the option open someday to
reactivate it if/when someday the main NQC group becomes high-traffic.

Todd, its your call on this one.  Whatever makes administrative sense.
The only concern I'd have over leaving it around is possible confusion
when people try to post to it, or perhaps subscribe to it unaware of the
general group and then get annoyed that nothing ever gets posted.  If
there's a way to mitigate this potential confusion, then leaving vs.
archival is a wash in my mind.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com