 Administrative / General / 6016
Re: location of NQC group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:35:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Hey Todd -- the .nqc group seems out of place under RCX these days, since it
can also support the Scout and Cybermaster....

Yah, DaveB & I were talking about this a while back -- and since then the non-
RCX support has gotten even stronger.  Dave indicated that he'd like to move
the group up a level, which is possible but we'll have to actually start a new
group since it's impossible for practical reasons to actually move a whole ng.

From a list-subscription point of view, it would just be a new email address,
and from the web interface it would just be a URL change.

Probably needs to be a two-step procedure:  (1) Create a new group/list
lugnet.robotics.nqc, then (2) a couple days later, shut down lugnet.robotics.
rcx.nqc, but keep it around on the website of course for archive purposes.

Dave, do you still feel this is the way to go?  Another possibility would be
to add .robotics.nqc and keep both groups/lists, or possibly even to add
.robotics.nqc, .robotics.scout.nqc, and .robotics.cybermaster.nqc (making a
total of 4 NQC groups) which is fine with me if you think it wouldn't be too
much for people to keep up with.  Or we could shut down .robotics.rcx.nqc by
simply disallowing posting to it, and keep the option open someday to
reactivate it if/when someday the main NQC group becomes high-traffic.

--Todd