 Administrative / General / 5936
Re: FS: 8 New Bulls Soldiers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:24:05 GMT

Please, make no mistake.  I fully trust Todd and co. with the email address.
Its just that I've seen this done before and wasn't sure if the posts were
protected from outside 'combing' programs. That's all.

Jeff

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Hi all,

Seeing Jeff's post got me to thinking about something only tangentially
related:

J Stabile wrote:

First to email to (remove nospam):

jcconsultingNoSpam@att.nospam.net

I just have a question here, innocently, for the multitude:  Has anyone
on LUGNET ever had a problem with unsolicited emails?

I have, up until recently. But I doubt greatly it has anything to do with
lugnet; the fact that I use a hotmail account is more like it.

Anyway, hotmail has a new inbox protector that immediately throws away any
message that does not have me in the header, with the exception of the • mailing
lists I'm on (I add the addresses manually).

I haven't, and my
full and correct email address appear in every header I post.  So maybe
it's a silly question, but I want to know for some reason.  (Also, is
there any anti-combing measure in place to prevent some enterprising
spammer from coming in and reading them?)

Well, people feel they can't be too cautious, I guess. You and I might • know
Todd doesn't give our addresses to other people, but newbies might not be • sure
if they can trust him... y'know what I mean?

-Shiri