 Administrative / General / 5677
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Franks writes:
With all of the resistance I see being heaped on my teeny, tiny idea you'd
think I had asked for the immediate execution of Todd Lehman (our happy
host!) instead of just greater fairness in the manner in which TLC
eliminates overstock.

What's the big deal?

Because it isn't resistance to the idea anymore - eg the person
systematically rating all of your posts '0'. It has become too personal :(

I don't know what's going through other people's minds but I've read all of
RichardM's posts on this thread and have marked them everything from 0 to 100.
The lower scores I gave were because of screaming or being off-topic for the
group, and the higher scores I gave were for things I thought were interesting
questions being raised.  If anyone is systematically rating RichardM's posts
0, we need more people involved in the rating to counteract.  Yesterday I
worked almost the whole day on password checking so we can get more people
comfortable with signing-in.

--Todd
At the risk of going or even staying off topic, I've been tempted to mark the
just a horror to behold, and even saying anything about it being a horror
risks perpetuation of it, (even if it is something useful, like this). But
much as I have been tempted, I have restrained myself.

Logging in has until recently not been something that I had been doing, (no
good reason to do so). Now with the message rater, I've been doing so,
hopefully encouraging others to stay away from this house burning down, and
move on to something more constructive, like what your actual specialty is.

That and letting people know that we are looking forward to seeing as many
people as possible in June for the Eastcoast Legofest, 9-11 June. We have
space available, and we are starting to get an agenda in the works.

Rich
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****