 Administrative / General / 5593
RE: colors of rating digits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:36:19 GMT

Well, I reckon you probably see more colours than I can with my Inbox :-)

Benjamin Whytcross

BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au

hmmm, I am not seeing *any* colors with my newsreader... :)

John Matthews

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
In the traffic report/page "shades of red" currently show
how hot the
article
count is, that is, how recent the 38 posts to off-topic.pun • in the last 24
hours actually are.

In the list of articles you get when you drill in there,
"shades of red"
show
the relative rating of the articles, or so I think (1).

Suggest that perhaps this is an overloaded color useage and
instead of
using
red, another color be chosen.

++Lar

1 - I am not sure, when a new feature first appears, where
exactly to go
to get
a concise view of what the author thinks the feature
actually does or how
use it... it seems to usually appear in a post here, but • while that's good
while the feature is breaking, it's not so great for the
reader who comes
Lugnet 2 months later and wonders how the feature works.

Classic programmer response: "that's doc, and doc is no fun, I wanna
code."