 Administrative / General / 5401
    Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page) —Dan Boger
   In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: One suggestion: Separate the producer into a separate, totally encapsulated (...) I thought of doing that, though - what's the differnece between a newsreader and my script then? that it works over http (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Depends on the newsreader...most newsreaders (that I've ever seen) either store articles in a proprietary compresses formart or don't store copies at all. It's also a lot more work on the newsserver if clients are connecting via NNTP and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page) —Dan Boger
   (...) replying to myself (I did decide I need it) - I read lugnet both at work and at home - I havn't found an easy way to sync the two, so I'm writing my own :) Thanks for putting out the API that allows me to do it... (...) yup, similar to what (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)