 Administrative / General / 5367
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:40:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Todd Lehman writes:
Mark,
It appears that it was your browser which truncated the message, not the
server.  Looking at the low-level dumps of incoming HTTP post data, a copy
of your message as it was received by the webserver (before it went to the
newsserver) shows up truncated in its original form from your browser:

   Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.5; Mac_PowerPC)

It seems to me that one other person once had this truncation problem with
that browser as well.  BTW, MSIE 4.5 for MacOS has cookie bugs too.

Dang. I figured Internet Exploder had something to do with it.

Note:  I can't be 100% sure that it was MSIE's fault.  This is a hunch, based
on similar occurrences.  (Hence, the mild statement "It appears that...")

Theoretically, it could be any number of weak spots along the connection from
extending from your browser all the way to the server -- it could be a
firewall, it could be your TCP/IP transport, it could be any ISP along the
way.  It could even be the server.  But the most likely source of the problem
(IMHO) is the browser.  But there's no way to know for sure without doing lots
extensive testing or checking the MS bugbases.  Is there a newer release of
MSIE for MacOS that you could try?  4.51 or something?

--Todd