 Administrative / General / 5309
Re: Search button
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 00:29:35 GMT

In NN4, BTW, the <FONT SIZE="-2"> tag surrounding the <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT>
button actually shrinks it down to a reasonable size, but it's still up-
scalable if your base font size is larger than the default, which is a very
nice benefit of using browser-native instead of custom-image buttons.

Hmm,  I just opened lugnet up in NN4.72 and the top search button is tiny.
The Set Search button is fine.  I am running a pretty standard 1024x768
resolution. Ahhh, just reset my fonts to override the document-specified font
and the submit button did scale up.  Seems that most people would not have
their fonts override the document and that they will see a tiny submit button.

In IE5 you can set your base font but it doesn't look like it will override
the document's font.  My submit button in IE is also regular sized even though
you are specifying 'size=-2'.

I like a little white space between the input box and the submit button, seems
to help balance things.

_ _
Scott Smallbeck
scotts@contactics.com