 Administrative / General / 5238
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
By chance are you using MSIE?  I've seen one other nasty cookie bug in MSIE
for the Mac -- it pre-decodes %xx-encoded cookie data before transmitting.
it!

Yep, I'm using MSIE5.

Let's try this...instead of sending the empty string "", I'll tell the server
to send the cookie "+"[1] whenever it really wants to send the empty string.
Then whenever it gets back the "+" cookie, it'll convert this back to "" at
the lowest level (all transparent to the UI, etc.)

Now the page seems to work correctly.  I put in "+lugnet" for the
filter, and it came back saying my current filter is "<I>(none)</I>".

Excellent!

--Todd