 Administrative / General / 5190
    Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms —Todd Lehman
   (...) Gargh, that's not quite right either. :) Here's what I meant to say: "...moving forward, it's important to avoid things which have a tendency to produce negative personal experiences (for users) which are the result of, or, more importantly, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms —Shiri Dori
   (...) Mm-hmm. I agree. So basically, I'll try to recap (tell me if I'm wrong here): We don't want the council to seem harsh or mean. The council is *not* intended to act upon specific posts that don't comply with the T&C, but to discuss issues that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms —Todd Lehman
   (...) Right. There's virtually no risk in that. We can only gain from that or waste time from that, but it isn't something that's likely to cause people to start leaving the community, which could easily happen if acting upon happened the wrong way (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms —Scott Arthur
   (...) waste (...) Yes. Indeed. I think there are dangers associated reacting to quickly to issues. I think most of us can point to instances outside LUGNet where a quick reaction to perceived opinion on a given issue has made matters worse. Apart (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)