 Administrative / General / 5196
Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:16:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Mm-hmm. I agree.
So basically, I'll try to recap (tell me if I'm wrong here):
We don't want the council to seem harsh or mean. The council is *not*
intended to act upon specific posts that don't comply with the T&C, but to
discuss issues that are unsure or unclear.

Right.  There's virtually no risk in that.  We can only gain from that or waste
time from that, but it isn't something that's likely to cause people to start
leaving the community, which could easily happen if acting upon happened the
wrong way before it had a chance to be worked out slowly and carefully.

I think I've gotten permission from both people who raised concerns in email
last week, and after I double-check, I hope to post copies of their letters
for discussion.  I think it will help make concerns more clear, and show why
there is a danger in moving too quickly and changing too much at once.

The .terms group comes to discuss the T&C (ToS?), to ask questions about the
T&C and (?) to talk about specific posts that don't comply with the T&C.

Yes, to talk about, ask questions about, raise concerns about, etc., but not
under the label of "council" until (or unless) the community is comfortable
with the idea of a council with executive authority -- which may be many moons.

--Todd