 Administrative / General / 5040
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:46:02 GMT

However I question moving market.auction if market.bst wasn't moved, and
I question moving .jambalaya as that one is all about fun and community,
or is supposed to. I just don't think that the anti auction bias ought
to show through that clearly.

I know what you mean about .jambalaya posts being about fun and community,
but, aren't 95% of the messages just noise like "please add me to the list
for this box, thanks"?

Actually, no one complained about .auction and .jambalaya directly as noise.
It was all the non-LEGO bickering and debating that was causing the obvious
hemorrhage for so many people.

I'll put .auction and .jambalaya back in for now, since they actually are
LEGO-related, unlike .admin.* and .off-topic.* . . .  Let's see how that
goes...  It's much easier to skip over or ignore auction posts (I think)
in the web interface than in a real newsreader because it typically lumps
multiple posts onto a single page with the "brief" format, and in that form,
each post doesn't usually need a keystroke or mouse click to bypass it.

--Todd