 Administrative / General / 4928
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:53:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.council, Scott Arthur writes:
1. Only privately run auctions should be allowed - _NO_ ebay etc.

What's "etc" mean here?  Do you mean any auction not on the www.ebay.com server
should be allowed?  What about Yahoo!, Serious Collector, and other less
popular similar services?  When a new one comes along, what will we use to
determine if it is a "eBay" type or not?

Do "privately run" auctions include things like the 500 sets auction that
happened here a while back?  If I and three other Lugnet users get together and
put together everything in one list, is that a privately or a publicly run
auction?  What about Auczilla, MA, and other lego-only, privately run,
automated auctions?  Did you mean only non-automated auctions are allowed?

As you can probably see, there are a lot of little details that come into the
picture when you try to exclude eBay type auctions.  I think the
lugnet.market.theme groups are a good idea though, but including auctions in
all groups is a bad idea (I come from the mostly buyer, sometimes seller point
of view).

Ben Roller