 Administrative / General / 4883
Re: themed-group charters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:37:19 GMT

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Todd Lehman (<Fr10vA.7Ex@lugnet.com>) wrote at
00:47:34

In lugnet.admin.council, Tony Priestman writes:
I can see how the rationale might be amusing from a historical perspective.
How would they help anyone in the present?

Because it shows what the group is for. It provides guidance as to what
.castle is about.

You mean it's not obvious that lugnet.castle is for focused discussions about
Castle stuff (and in particular the LEGO Castle product line)?

Yes, it is obvious that it's about Castle stuff, but if I was only
interested in Castle, and I'd gone straight there, I might have missed
some of the more general background info about lugnet. I guess I'm
asking for some redundancy, to cut newbies some slack. The more obvious
the framework is, the easier it is to keep within it.

(What am I missing the gist of here?)

Could you suggest a (reasonably brief) template for all of the themed-groups
(not just .castle) to replace the current charters with?

Yes, I was just using castle as an example. I'll give it a go, but need
to think about it.

--
Tony Priestman