 Administrative / General / 4636
Re: Cookie Short-Cut
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Robert W. Green writes:
Todd, is there any way to re-obtain the cookie with our posting information
besides re-registering?  If there were some automated way to do it, it might
cut down on your mail and administrative duties.  :)   (I am sure that would
be a good thing)  If I have overlooked this, please point me that way.

I think that is the only way just now, maybe if posting confirmation was hooked
into the membership cookie then that would cut down some of the need to
re-register..

Maybe having to verify requests for posting privelidges is the safest way to
ensure that abuse doesn't happen - impersonation, spam, etc.

If you find that you lose your cookies often (my windows one went stale
recently for some reason), then you could try copying the relevent line or so
from your cookies.txt file, so that you could paste it back in when needed.

Richard