 Administrative / General / 4548
Re: Simple (but fun) Castley Strategy Game(y)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:

Hmm, I see part of the problem, we currently have two groups with
essentially the same purpose. Perhaps lugnet.games should be restricted to
general discussion of LEGO Media software, and all other gaming discussion
should happen in lugnet.fun.games, or perhaps lugnet.games should be removed
(can we move all the posts there to lugnet.fun.gaming) and perhaps move the
specific game groups to lugnet.fun.

Currently /lugnet/games/ has the banner "Official and unofficial games
involving LEGO® products: discussions, ideas, tips, previews, opinions,
reviews, etc."

There is a sub-level already /lugnet/games/lego/ (LEGO Media), although that
isn't always used for all LEGO Media discussion, and /lugnet/games/ is seen
(through precedent) as an okay place to discuss LEGO Media software.

Maybe the /lugnet/games/ structure should have been divided into computer games
and hobbyist games from the start - I can't think of a clean way to add it in
now:

/lugnet/games/
  lego/ (LEGO Media)
    ..loco,island,etc.. (what we have now)
  gaming/ (what /lugnet/fun/gaming is now)

Which only leaves the highest level (/lugnet/games/) to discuss fan-created
computer games. Maybe it would make an acceptable compromise? Anyway - it could
be too much work moving /lugnet/fun/gaming/, which is why a little link to let
people know that /lugnet/fun/gaming/ exists when they stop by /lugnet/games/,
may be easier?

Richard