 Administrative / General / 4430
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

There has been no mass protest. Even the debate here in l.g.a has only had
contriburion from a handful of posters.

Is it really necessary for everyone who thinks what you're doing is wrong to
say so-- even though there are clearly defined rules to tell you so-- before
you'll believe it?

Fine, then, I'll do my part.  I think your continual posting of auctions to
buy-sell-trade is wrong.  It breaks the rules.

Further (since you invited us to open our mouths):  I *do* think you're doing
it on purpose, because you run enough auctions to make a considerable amount of
money on it, and you're intelligent enough to know that getting the word out
means more people will see your auctions.  I think that your flippant attitude
to Todd's honest question about what you think good consequences for further
violations of the T&C is proof not only of your lack of respect for the T&C,
but of your intention to do so again in the future.

Even further:  I think Todd is being too nice in only banning you from
.buy-sell-trade.  Consider that he could just ban you from .marketplace.*, or
from Lugnet as a whole.  But, then again, Todd has always (IMHO) shown fair
judgement, whereas I'm a mean and vindictive man.

eric