 Administrative / General / 4400
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Some of these are close to the line, others cross it:

Not 100% sure what line you mean, but I'm inferring that you mean posting
auction announcements or updates to groups which don't explicitly welcome
their presence (i.e., anything outside of .market.auction).

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4246 (one of my ones)

Sorta close, but not over the line.  It doesn't appear to contain a call or
solicitation for auction bids (even though it contains the word "auction" in
the subject line) or any declaration of opening bids or anything of that
nature.

Contrast this with your post earlier today...

   http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=4407

...which contains a solicitation for auction bids ("watch ebay this weekend")
as well as a declaration of opening bids ("start at $0.01") and comes out
swinging with "I have over 20 auctions ready to go online . . ." followed by
a list of sets.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=4396

Not even close.  (Its appearance in .auction, though strange, is certainly
innocuous albeit off-topic for the auction group.)

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=6015

Not even remotely close.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4606

Definitely over the line, yes.  Thanks for noting.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4586

Difficult to tell for certain, but most likely not even close.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4580

Not even close.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4554

Somewhat close, but not really.