 Administrative / General / 4398
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:10:49 GMT

Scott-A wrote in message ...
It frustrates me that some people don't seem to get it. How do we make it
clear what the policy is, and why the policy is that way?

On loc.uk we have a informal agreement which allows trades, selling items • at
zero profit and listing fest trade/sale items. I thought it'd never work.
But, in reality, it works very well. The problem, as far as I am concerned,
is how does one define "profit"?

That informal agreement is actually more restrictive than the charter for
the group (per http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=1 and
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=2 any market post which is related to the UK
and not an auction posting is allowed). If you want the informal agreement
to be more formal, you should request Todd change the charter to indicate
that only certain market posts are welcome.

This is what I am talking about. People don't seem to read the TOS to allow
market posts which are otherwise on topic in any group so long as they
aren't an auction announcement or update. Todd has clarified this many times
(and I think has specifically clarified that someone offering to
buy/sell/trade only within their region is allowed to post in the
appropriate loc group(s).

Frank