 Administrative / General / 4380
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:28:44 GMT

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:07:56 GMT, "Scott-A"
<scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

Pre Auction Announcement/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

Todd,
the title explains it all. It is a announcement that I intend to have an
auction soon - however if anyone wants to buy/trade before the auction
starts (my preferred outcome) they are free to do so. I have offered most of
these items as trade/sale items before on LUGNet...this was LUGNuts last
chance before I go to ebay.

From where I'm standing, the title _doesn't_ explain it all.

Your paragraph there _does_ explain it all, but your original message
was, in my opinion, in no way as clear as this.

I saw this and thought, "well, he's announcing some auctions, or
something, or maybe he's giving people the chance to do straight
purchases, or not, or something, but I bet Todd jumps on this because
it sure looks like an auction announcement.

And after actually following the URL you post, and seeing nothing
there but the body of your upcoming auction listings for eBay, I have
to say I don't see anything that screams "make me an offer on these
now and I might sell them to you" or "I'd like 5 bucks for this now,
or will auction it on eBay in a week."

Your original message, after rereading it three times and after
looking at the URL you posted, doesn't seem to me at all to say what
you make clear in this followup.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?