 Administrative / General / 4298
Re: Handy button :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
How about some official "I read Lugnet {theme}" buttons (I suppose you
probably couldn't combine the theme logo also, but that would be cool)?

Maybe...or maybe something a bit more generic that provides for a fill-in
below the button where someone can put a newsgroup name...or something like
that.

A problem might be, that once "I read Castle LUGNET" buttons were created,
pirate groups would want theirs, but with a skull+crossbones, somewhere in
it, aquazone would want bubbles, etc. Then it moves from standard LEGO
themes to more abstracted - once you create a set of logos for one group of
people, you can't fairly refuse the other. Can you imagine the amount of
work involved creating and maintaining such a library of images? :)

But that's just a guess - there could be a whole other raft of issues -
trademark dilution, wanting to create a set starting point for LUGNET etc.

Yup, all good points.  Plus, there doesn't even exist anything named
"Castle LUGNET".  I think what Pawel meant was "lugnet.castle".

--Todd