 Administrative / General / 4217
Re: Themed-WebSite/Links Interface?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Alex Farlie writes:

I can well imagine town sites being acssed through street plans-Or VRML?

Coincidentally, I was trying to convert the Datsville povray file to VRML last
night - I think it is missing a few files though :(

I can suggest the following areas already

Port Lugnet- Pirates. A bay - and forts/ships?
Moonabse Lugnet- Space.- Stars-Control Panels etc.
LUGnet Centeral- Trains?- A railroad Map?
LUGNet Workshop= for

I'd love to see something like this.. the other advantage to using something
like VRML is that you choose an avatar and can wander about realtime and chat
with other people.

If each 'zone' was separate and connected via a train-station, then that would
cut down on computational costs...

We could do this anytime we wanted - all that is needed is a server and one or
more people with time to construct the zones!

Richard