 Administrative / General / 4180
Re: Lugnet Search Parameters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:27:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Salm writes:
As the number of messages available for searches [1] increases daily, search
results become less and less useful and/or helpful, IMO.  This is true of
global searches [2] as well as searches in specific newsgroups.

In addition to Kevin's good suggestions I'd just like to see support for AND.
Maybe it's in there and I'm not using the search right but when I am searching
for Cypress Tree I want to type in cypress AND tree and not get the 4000 tree
only responses.

I think it is in there. Try:
+tree +cypress

Although I did have to play about a bit before I found it :)

Perhaps a whole search page with various search fields etc might be a good
approach. eBay search works well this way, you can select which search you
wish.

Yep - definately something that would be nice, but not high-priority. Ie Todd -
we're not an unruly mob at your gates demanding it.. yet :)

Richard