 Administrative / General / 4171
  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in article <Fo9Jz6.1q4@lugnet.com>... (...) few (...) almost (...) someone (...) Todd, my only question about this comment is: Are you then responsible to your visitors for always maintaining the same URL (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) Major sites should avoid re-structuring as much as possible, and should provide redirects when the structure changes. I am slowly building a set of LEGO reference pages. Because there is no guarantee that site structure won't change, I often (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) I just added an auto-forward from /clsotw/ to /cool/. The reason it's /cool/, BTW, and not /clsotw/, is for (a) future expansion to other time periods (day, month, year, etc.) and (b) for future expansion to a discussion area for cool sites in (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)