 Administrative / General / 4164
  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) I think you missed the point, Matt. (and Alan, you did too...) Todd isn't asking where to get stock quotes, he's elaborating on my example. For a high traffic website like Lugnet, that has a lot of areas to explore, it is a GOOD THING to put (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) Actually I got the point; I was just going off on a tangent. I think Todd's "IIRC" was actually the non-plural version. (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in article <FoAsq9.3z9@lugnet.com>... (...) quotes (...) to (...) I wasn't really worried about what was really being searched for with the quote.yahoo.com URL. In fact, I was using it as an example as well. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) I agree that hotlinks are important for *all* users, but I also think having a well-designed URL structure is important for other types of users. Can't it provide hotlinks AND good design without sacrificing either? I dunno - I'm just a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) Yes. I think an important thing to remember is that a site should cater to as many segments of its audience as possible. The paradigm here is not that of your typical website. While I agree that one should be able to navigate to everywhere, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)