 Administrative / General / 4106
Re: Another great addition by our fearless leader!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Todd,
Don't know if you ever anounced this or if I stumbled on something you are
still working on but I love the Links to the Set Database from the Theme
Pages.  I noticed that you did Castle and Space athough not Adventurers or
Star Wars yet but I love it.

They just were added yesterday, I think.  Suzanne made the Castle one, then
I made the Space one.  We'll be putting more in as we get the sets DB more
reorganized.  They're also kinda temporary in that they're likely to be
replaced with something better after the web-category/DB integration.  But
it seemed like a definite "value-add" :) for now.

Thanks to Suz as well.  I can never tell if I should include her or not with
the work she does at the Media Lab and the agreement she has.

I really like the little Castle Flag logo on the Castle page.

We've got 19 logos for a few of the various themes and systems and quite a
few more to go (~100, I think) but eventually there'll be one small icon for
each and every product programme, system, and play theme.  These came from
an official LEGO CD with EPS versions of the logos, so they're extremely
accurate.

Very cool.  Just one question though.  Is there a problem using official LEGO
Logo's on LUGNET?  Obviously the red LEGO Logo is out but what about all the
other "Minor" or "Sub" or whatever Logo's?  Are they OK?

And by the way I think I have the SW Logo's around somewhere if you need them.
I have the Classic SW Lego logo with the figs and I think I have the EP1 Logo
too.  Let me know if you want them.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/