 Administrative / General / 3943
Re: Language slipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:15:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
So all I'm asking is that you adhere to the standards you agreed to, and
use your heads. You don't NEED to be profane to be vehement. Consider it
a challenge to your eloquence to get your point across without it. If
you slip up once in a while, hey, everyone is human... but do try, ok?

Is there really that much about this that is hard to understand?
I'm far from innocent when it comes to profane language, but even I
don't think it is too much to ask the people keep it under control
here.

I look at it this way - I try to write things as if my mother were
reading them.  Now maybe some people are foul-mouthed in front of
their mothers, but I think the point remains the same - pick
someone, anyone you _wouldn't_ be foul-mouthed in front of, even if
you have to picture the person interviewing you for your new job at
Lego Direct.

I've skipped 99% of this discussion, mainly because I saw people
heading off into the "well, it isn't the words, it's the intent"
side of things.  I say malarky - in this text-based medium all we
HAVE is the words.  Intent can shine through as well, but we _all_
know the f-word and others should be kept out of discussions here,
so let's just do it.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/