 Administrative / General / 3934
    Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Matthew Miller
   (...) To express a contrary opinion -- there IS an optimal level of subdivision, and if you go beyond that, you end up with lots of small, empty groups. NNTP does have threads, after all. If it's in the "town" section, and it says "fire truck" and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group? —Mike Stanley
   (...) Yup. That's how I deal with .general - I skip probably 1/2 of the threads. Don't see why I couldn't do the same in .town or .castle if things drifted into subthemes in which I had no interest. (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)