 Administrative / General / 3892
Re: My inventory post is being rejected
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:17:51 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.general, Kim Toll writes:
Todd,
Why can't I post my 7131 inventory to the lugnet.db.inv group?  I've tried • 4
or 5 times but it keeps getting rejected with the following message:

Outlook Express could not post the message 'Inventory for 7131 - Anakin's
Podracer' to Lugnet.
The server responded '441 Cannot accept LDraw Dat data in lugnet.db.inv'.

I've posted the to the db.inv group before with no problem.  And for • another
data point, I just posted the EXACT same message to the
lugnet.off-topic.test group and it worked just fine.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Kim

It sounds like you have some lines in your message that make the server • think
it contains LDraw data.  I noticed that of your other inventories, maybe • you
can reformat your data?

Jeff

So what lines in my inventories look like DAT files? I guess I'm not up on
DAT files enough to intentionally emulate one, I have to do it by accident.
It must be something really subtle though.  I've posted quite a few other
inventories and never had a problem.

I suppose I could reformat them.  The way I've been posting them is the way
the are exported out of Access, so its easy.  If I have to do to much
reformatting it starts to become less worth while to post them.  If I knew
what Lugnet keyed on to determine if something was a DAT file then I'd have
a better idea what to avoid.

So, Todd, how do you detect DAT files?
And why don't you block them in off-topic.test? (just curious here)

Kim