 Administrative / General / 3709
3708  |  3710
Subject:
SLRN and canceling messages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:34:20 GMT

Hey Todd -- I figured out why I can't cancel messages from within slrn. For
some reason, when generating a cancel message, SLRN doesn't attach the real
name, just the e-mail address. That is, for a regular message, it does:

From: mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)

but to cancel that same message, it generates just:

From: mattdm@mattdm.org

RFC 1036 _does_ seem to indicate that slrn is in the wrong:

    The verified sender of a message is the "Sender" line, or if no "Sender"
    line is present, the "From" line.  The verified sender of the cancel
    message must be the same as either the "Sender" or "From" field of the