 Administrative / General / 3676
Re: S&H Technic Sale via MindStorms e-mailing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 05:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Finegold writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Bliss writes:
Chris and Paul posted copies of e-mail'ed S@H specials they got spammed with.

I got both of these, I'll bet a lot of others did, too.

I guess spam does taste good, sometimes.

I agree.  However, I'm (personally) wondering if these postings might
fall under the TBD "leaks" category.  These e-mails seem to be pretty
targeted and dont't say that they can be re-sent.

They don't say they can't be, either.

I'm not being facetious.  The point of unsolicited (or
barely solicited) email advertisements (spam) is to drum
up business.  You're only doing them a favor by passing
them along.  By passing the advertisement on to the
rest of the mindstorm community that wasn't
registered correctly with LEGO (Larry as case in point -
registered but forgot to update his email address when
it changed), Chris and Paul did LEGO's job for them - and,
as a result, they sold more stuff.

I don't think that sale information is a LEGO leak, any more
than posting the Shop At Home weekly specials are.

Now, if you have to pay to be a member of a club to take
advantage of a certain special, and someone circulates
a club membership ID along with news of the special, I
could see that as being way bad.  But that's not the case
here, or anything like that, right?

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"