 Administrative / General / 3481
Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general Todd Lehman wrote:
I'm looking for a solution (even an imperfect one) to an extremely complex
problem which I'm afraid doesn't exist (the solution, that is).

Putting on my Official work hat...heres my .02 cents. Todd has placed rules to
use LUGNET, specificly:

DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  6.  Post or transmit any information, software, or other material
which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material
which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by
copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with
respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right
holder.

So, in my world when the rules get broken, corrective action is taken.
Sometimes the laws may not be perfect, but the law is the law and even if I
don’t agree with it 100%, I still have to enforce them.  Todd has some tough
decisions to make, and he may have to Police the site, but the option if
the “corporate espionage” continues could be legal action against LUGNET for
containing “non-public” information. I too enjoyed the quick peek at
the new sets Huw posted and applaud his enthusism for wishing to share the
infomation.

However, with LEGO direct coming I would hate to see that messed up due to
being over enthusiastic.

Perhaps we should just wait until the new sets are posted on the official LEGO
site, then just refer to the picture without direct links. If LEGO has the
picture up then thats great, otherwise we do without them. I'd sur emiss
LUGNET if Todd took it down to protect himself from liability.

Chief Dave
otherwise we wait a while longer to see the new sets.