 Administrative / General / 3401
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 06:22:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.general, "Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> writes:
OK, OK, the scans are gone.

Todd -- please delete the message. I cannot get Outlook to do it, as
suspected.

Huw

OK, just to confirm, you are requesting on your own behalf that this post...

   http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=396

...be cancelled?

--Todd

Postscript:

I didn't receive a concrete statement from Huw one way or the other
confirming what he meant by "the message," or an unconditional request to
delete "the message," but given the context I think there's little risk in
inferring that the message Huw meant was indeed <lugnet.announce:396>.

Huw did, however, ask (in a private mail) that the message be deleted if I
or Suzanne felt it would bring LUGNET into disrepute or legally vulnerable
in any way.  Suzanne feels that the publishing of the scans and the list was
a great embarassment to the AFOL community, and I feel that it is a
potential legal vulnerability as well.  Based on these opinions/assessments
and on Huw's conditional instructions, I have deleted the message from the
lugnet.com newsserver at Huw's request.

Now obviously, the message <lugnet.announce:396> still appears on many
client newsreaders and users' hard drives, so I would _ask_ (as in please,
as a good-natured and responsible fan) that no one quote sensitive data from
it if they post a follow-up to it.

--Todd

p.s.  The message also still appears on the hard drives of the lugnet.com
server.  Although cancelled messages are no longer served to the public from
the server, they do remain intact and internally archived for legal reasons.