 Administrative / General / 3317
    Re: lugnet.whinge? —Jeff Thompson
   (...) is (...) Yes. From the rec.arts.sf.fandom FAQ 30. What is whinging?   A. This wonderfully expressive term seems to be primarily a British and Australian usage, or at least not a North American one.  To quote the Oxford English Dictionary:   (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnet.whinge? —Richard Franks
   (...) It sounds just about right! The implication being (for me) that there is some degree of justification for whinging. The 'for me' being because as I've learned this word from context, other peoples perceptions will possibly be different! (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)