 Administrative / General / 3226
Re: Orange bricks in Artic 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Christopher Lannan writes:
Anyway, Arctic is a play theme within the Town System.

I wouldn't say I'm exactly arguing here, but why town? Is it a set numnber
thing?

http://www.lugnet.com/town/?n=181

The addition of the asteroids and the radioactive bugs seems to make
it a little too "sci-fi" for town.  I'd see it more as space, part of
rock raiders, or a new theme of its own, the way rock raiders is.

I don't think it's a coincidence that LEGO is making more sci-fi types of
things lately due to the rumored clause they have with Lucasfilm that they
can't release any actual "space" sets during the Star Wars license.

Anyway, the great part is that we get to use the pieces from Arctic sets
however we want -- in space creations, in underground or underwater stuff,
or whatever.  But as far as categorizations in the official product line
go, the Arctic play theme is part of Town just like Divers, Outback,
Paradisa, and Time Cruisers were.  Strange but true!  :)

--Todd