 Administrative / General / 3187
  New Group Suggestion

Todd, This might sound kind of odd, but I'll just jump in: There should be a lugnet.mindstorms group. I realize there are already a large number of robotics groups, which are very active, but there's not a single product-oriented group for LEGO™ (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Group Suggestion

(...) Because applications of LEGO MINDSTORMS actually go far beyond robotics? Or just for completeness/correctness? What sorts of things would get discussed there (and why) which aren't already discussed in lugnet.robotics or a subgroup? It's a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Group Suggestion

(...) What about a lugnet.robotics.mindstorms subgroup (with possible .extreme and so on [sub]subgroups for add-on packs)? Just a thought. :: paul (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Group Suggestion

(...) Actually, I was looking for a place to ask (possibly dumb) questions related to the kits themselves. My questions/topics don't seem on-topic for groups devoted to discussing robot design, or hacking the internals, or using alternate OS's, or (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Group Suggestion

I actually thought the reverse would be better because even the dacta group is (essentially) mindstorms: lugnet.mindstorms lugnet.mindstorms.robolab lugnet.mindstorms.robotics lugnet.mindstorms..... But I like making waves (makes bath-time much more (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)