 Administrative / General / 3161
Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:01:58 GMT

John Neal wrote:
I have two 12v train motors and some track, (will
split) anyone interested? offers please to:
jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk.

Thanks,

See thats not so bad!

As far as you know.  As far as I know and many others, it *is* that bad. • Please
do not do such an inane thing again.

Whilst the TOS need to be followed, one should realise that, being
human, the users are likely to make mistakes.

I think you did, after all.

All of my mistakes are unintentional, as is not the case here.

Unless, of course, you're Todd in a
very odd alias, who has had both his senses of humour and civility
forcably removed.

Sorry, I [1] find nothing humorous about *deliberate* rule violations, and in fact
find it very *un*civil.  You are right, though.  People who post as such do
forcably remove my humor.  Why can't we all just follow the TOS and play nicely?

-John

[1] Rest assured that Todd agrees with my and others feelings on this matter.  If
he didn't, he would say.  We merely have done some unpleasant administrative
business with which Todd now needs not to deal.

Except for this quote from this message:

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=3147

A clarification here:

The Discussion Group Terms and Conditions (specifically, point #11, quoted
above) cover auction announcements, updates, and listings, but they don't
cover non-auction stuff like FS's or WTT's or WTB's (those have been left
undefined in the Terms of Use document).

So technically, FS's and WTT's and WTB's can appear anywhere.  But since
these tend to annoy and upset people, I usually (if I see one) write the
poster and ask them to keep those sorts of things to the .buy-sell-trade
group.  Also, in a post a couple months ago, I asked everyone to help in
remind people (gently) that .buy-sell-trade is the best place for FS & WTB
posts:

So it does seem to me that perhaps there is an overreaction because
technically there doesn't seem to be a violation since non-auction
market posts aren't prohibitted, and the bits offered for sale are train
bits, and it clearly was not an auction announcement.

Now this little distinction had escaped my notice, but as they say,
ignorance of the law is no excuse...

Now personally, I would prefer that the market posts stay in the market
groups, with the exception perhaps of my suggestion of a periodic
summary of theme related market posts.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com