 Administrative / General / 3142
Re: UPDATE: UNOPENED GERMAN CASTLE SETS TO SELL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:38:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, James Brown writes:
It is actually against the terms of use:

"DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
..<snip>..
It is a condition of your use of the
  discussion groups that you do not:
..<snip>..
  11. Post auction announcements, updates, or listings in discussion
      groups which do not explicitly welcome their presence.
..."

Ooops... Sorry 'bout the bad advice then, Adrian...

<...snip snip snip...>
On the other hand, I imagine I'm more vehement about this than most folks are.

For the most part, I haven't minded things like this-- But that's mostly
because of the low volume of posts that the theme subgroups get (like castle in
this case). For that reason, I almost like the idea. I'm usually on the lookout
for good deals, but I frequently forget to check the marketplace subgroups...
However, I do agree with you for the most part. The way RTL is, it can be so
very difficult to slog your way through a bunch of messages you don't want to
see. I think if we got that kind of message volume here, I'd agree even more...

DaveE