 Administrative / General / 307
  Re: CFD: lugnet.test

(...) lugnet.test is more standard This is for testing out newsreaders. But... Are there any other kind of tests that people do? Testing the headers, perhaps? Sarah (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.test

(...) I have another idea: Different groups... lugnet.newsreaders lugnet.newsreaders.test ...same questions. --Todd (posting from MicroPlanet Gravity today) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.test

(...) Testing sigs too, I suppose. Isn't that all part of testing the newsreader and/or newsreader configuration? --Todd (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Newsreaders

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Hmm. Anyone know of a good newsreader FAQ? At this stage it looks very much as though I'm going to be better off with a local news server for what I want. The list so far: - WinVN - "enter your news server (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newsreaders

(...) I like Agent (I'm using FreeAgent because of my dutch background) You can set up more than one use or server by just creating subdirectories under the one you installed agent in and start agent from there. Every time you do that, you get a (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newsreaders

I'm very happy with Outlook Express for the most part, but I don't get illegal operations on it (I just start it when I reboot my computer and leave it running... so its been up for a few weeks now since my last reboot). I've tried everything else (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)