 Administrative / General / 30
Re: "customized" newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:55:59 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> writes:

Todd, is it technically feasable to create a sort of "vitual newsgroup"
where an individual could define his own group to include all posts from
specified newsgroups?

I don't think it's a clever idea to implement this on the server side,
but then again, I haven't got much experience with NNTP servers.

My software allows me to do just this on the client side, actually.  I
can generate any virtual newsgroup containing the groups I want to.  I
use Gnus (http://www.gnus.org/), which is a newsreader running under
Emacs, which is an editor with a lot of extra features.

Are you sure you can't choose custom news servers, say, to make the
reading of these groups simpler on your software?

Fredrik