 Administrative / General / 2923
Re: Cancel a message that is entered twice accidentely ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:09:35 GMT

I think this might be in the FAQ, I can't remember.

If you created the message with a newsreader, there is a good chance you
can cancel it yourself. It depends on your news reader as to exactly
how... but in netscape you just highlight the message and hit the delete
key, you'll be prompted.

If you created the message with mail I am not sure but I think it will
be hard/impossible for you to do.

If you created the message with the web interface, again, I am not sure
but I think there currently is no way. We have been asking Todd for a
way to do it, the difficulty revolves around verifying that you are who
you say you are (only the originator or an admin should be able to
cancel messages..).

The "difficulty" is more of a "Todd feels he has more important things
to do" issue than a "there is no way to devise a very reliable
mechanism", and he's the best judge of his time, in my opinion.

Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn wrote:

Administrator,

Sorry, I've made a indentical, duplicate entry of a message dated 27-Sep-99
11:33/11:34, subject: Re: anyone else notice this? by: Manfred Moolhuysen.
Coulkd you please cancel one of the two messages ? Or is there a way I can do
this myself ?

Greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen.

lugnet.